Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Shenanigans for my 30's

It's time to try something new.  I've been on this planet for 30 years now.  Yes, here I am admitting (in writing) that I've just turned 30 years old.  Everybody keeps telling me, "30's are the new 20's" or "My 30's were way more fun than my 20's".  

Here I am, now in my 30's as people say and I need something to challenge me.  My work challenges me some days and people challenge me in my day to day life.  But I want to do something else.  Find an outlet to be creative.  

I recently attended a seminar.  The target for the seminar being the administrative professional... because technically that's what I am.  But more than that, I loved listening to the speaker talk.  And what I really got from her was finding something to really motivate me.  Find something that I really want to do.  Something that I've always wanted to do.  And for years now, I've wanted to write.  Am I good at it?  No probably not.  Do I know what I'm doing?  NO, definitely not.  But as the old saying goes, Here goes nothing.   
My joke has been for some time now, "I should write a book".  Hearing the crazy things that people do or say in my profession.  Sometimes you can't make this junk up.  "I should write a book" I say.  I have a ginormous family, "I should write a book" I say.  I have a lot of "likes" as the world puts it these days, a few passions (COFFEE among others)... "I should write a book" I say. 

So here is what I shall start with.  A new challenge.  I don't know what my blog will be about yet or if anybody will ever read my posts.  I doubt I'm ready to write a book.  But I will start with a blog.  I hope to find daily inspiration to write. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

20 truths

Today I'll let you in on 20 truths you may or may not know about me.  Don't anybody go taking offense to anything... it's just m...